As of March 18, The NHL is currently under pause because of the Coronavirus. So while they are under pause, I will be making my predictions for the playoffs, if the season even comes back. I predict the Eastern Conference to look like this
- 1st Place- Boston Bruins- 119 points,won the Eastern Conference and won the league, won Atlantic Division
- 2nd place- Tampa Bay Lightning- 112 points
- 3rd place- Florida Panthers- 99 points
- 1st Place- Philadelphia Flyers- 110 points, won Metro Division
- 2nd Place- Washington Capitals- 109 points
- 3rd Place- Pittsburgh Penguins-105 points
- 1st Wild Card- Carolina Hurricanes- 98 points
- 2nd Wild Card- New York Rangers- 94 points
I think it will end up like this because the Panthers have an easier schedule than the Maple Leafs and the Panthers have the edge in the season series. The Flyers have a large winning streak and go up against worse teams down the stretch. The Rangers and Hurricanes were hot before the pause, and I think they will pull off a playoff berth. I think the Western Conference will look like this.
- 1st Place- Colorado Avalanche, 109 points, won Western Conference, and won Central Division
- 2nd Place- St. Louis Blues, 106 points
- 3rd Place- Dallas Stars, 99 points
- 1st Place- Las Vegas Golden Knights, 103 points, won Pacific Division
- 2nd Place- Edmonton Oilers, 101 points
- 3rd Place- Calgary Flames, 97 points
- 1st Wild Card- Winnipeg Jets, 96 points
- 2nd Wild Card- Vancouver Canucks, 93 points
I think the Western Conference will end up like this because the Avalanche have been lights out for the entire season and the Knights, Oilers, and Flames have all been on fire this season. It would also be very good for the NHL’s revenue to have a Sunshine State and Battle of Alberta playoff series. I also think that the Canucks and the Jets are good to have the Wild Card spots as they have been the best teams in that hunt all year, and the Blues have been good as well all year.
I think that the Panthers will win the cup just because if the can get passed the Lightning and/or the Bruins they should be favored to win the Stanley Cup, not bias, i just feel like of late the Panthers have been playing playoff hockey and will hopefully win the Cup, I think they will play up against the Avalanche or the Golden Knights and will win in either 6 or 7.